Major Software Topics: [Visual FoxPro] [CodeBlock] [Year 2000]
Cycla Corporation develops interactive database-driven systems for use in collaboration among users with a broad variety of needs and computer experience. Cycla's emphasis is on Web-based user interfaces accessible to any user with a Web browser. All processing is performed at the server to ensure maximum accessibility to the user base, irrespective of location or equipment.
Cycla's development platform uses Microsoft Visual FoxPro (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/). Cycla uses West-Wind Web Connection (http://www.west-wind.com/) as the ISAPI interface to Microsoft Internet Information Server running on Microsoft Windows Server platforms. Cycla uses the object-oriented L7 Framework for its web applications.
Some of Cycla's software systems include:
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, OPS Information System.
- U.S. Enrichment Corporation (USEC), Business Prioritization System.
- U.S. Department of Energy. a) Environment, Safety & Health (ES&H) Management Plan Information System (ESH/Plan). b) Strategic Issue Management Information System (SIMIS).
L7 is an open-source framework for developing web applications. The framework was initially developed by Cycla, but now represents a collaborative effort of Cycla and other developers. Some L7 references include:
Web Connection Technical Reference
- Book: "WebRAD: Building Database Applications on the Web with Visual FoxPro and Web Connection" by Harold Chattaway, Randy Pearson and Whil Hentzen; Hentzenwerke Publishing; ISBN 1-930919-07-7.
- Web Connection 2.X to 3.0 Migration Tool
- Web Connection 3.0 Migration Help
- Web Connection 2.X Messaging Diagram
- Milwaukee 2002 Double Impact
ZIP file with all file from both conference sessions (Security and Extending Framework).
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro as an Enterprise Development Tool
- Year 2000 Compliance
- Notes on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- HTML's 216 "Safe" Colors
Several software articles and white papers are available for viewing or download in Adobe's portable document format (PDF).
- Articles are about Microsoft Visual FoxPro and other software tools. These are of general interest and are not directly associated with Cycla software systems.
- White papers cover specific aspects of Cycla software systems. These typically cover advanced features in more detail than is presented in software Users' Manuals.
- "WebRAD: Building Database Applications on the Web with Visual FoxPro and Web Connection" by Harold Chattaway, Randy Pearson and Whil Hentzen; Hentzenwerke Publishing; ISBN 1-930919-07-7.